TUESDAY TALKS: If books were allowed scents to signify contents, what would your favourite Authors books smell like?

This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each Tuesday about a book-related topic.

And this week's topic is:

If books were allowed scents to signify content, What would your favourite author's books smell like?

This sounds a little bit sinister but possibly blood. I read a lot of books that are gory and feature a lot of death. Please don't think i'm a serial killer!
I really love the Iremonger Trilogy by Edward Carey and I think that would smell of ash, smoke and sewage. I can almost smell it now.
I think Harry Potter would be a blood-like smell mixed with fireworks and dust. I'd like to think it's an exciting smell but ancient at the same time.
Also, when I read Cinder by Marissa Meyer I kept thinking about the smell of oil and petrol. Like a greasy car smell because of Cinder's workshop. Scarlet would be a wet dog smell and blood...again. Cress would be a clinical and sterile smell, whilst Winter would be blood, sweets and cobbled streets if you can imagine that smell...

What about you?

That's it for this week's Tuesday Talks!

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to receive my latest posts!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,