TUESDAY TALKS: Do you read a specific amount of pages before giving up on a book you are not enjoying?

This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each Tuesday about a book-related topic.

And this week's topic is:

Do you read a specific amount of pages before giving up on a book you are not enjoying?

I am a control freak who really badly wants to try and finish EVERY BOOK IN THE UNIVERSE. Like it seriously freaks me out if I don't manage to finish a book and end up DNF'ing it. Why can't I finish it? It makes me feel like a failure...

Does this sound familiar? Do you do the same thing?

Well, I have come to the realisation that I am not going to like EVERY BOOK IN THE UNIVERSE. It would be majorly scary if I did because I'd feel like a plain Jane who likes everything. Honestly, I realised that we need to make decisions to ditch things we aren't enjoying. 

Life's too short and there's a lot of books to get through.

So I don't use a certain amount of pages to dictate when I DNF a book. I use time as my scale for this. If i've been reading the book for a week and made next to no progress on it, hating every minute of it, making reading a chore, then I DNF it. Waaa-laaa, that is my process.

What about you?

That's it for this week's Tuesday Talks!

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to receive my latest posts!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,