TUESDAY TALKS: How do you feel about progressive mindsets in Historical Fiction?


This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each Tuesday about a book-related topic.
And this week's topic is:

How do you feel about progressive mindsets in Historical Fiction?

I feel like it should definitely be bigger. That is the kind of books I like to read. You learn so much from reading about history anyway, so why not throw a progressive mindset like feminism or civil rights into the book aswell!
One of my all-time favourite books!

A book that comes to my mind here is The Color Purple by Alice Walker. Not only does it tell you about the history and what happened at that particular time, it also helps you to understand human rights and there's definitely a theme of feminism in there. Shug Avery gives Celie that fight for her rights as a woman. Oh I love this book SOOO much! Please read it if you haven't!

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know an awful lot about this topic, so i'm gonna leave it there. If you have anything you can add to this post then it would be very welcome. You can do that by adding it to the comments below and i'll add to this post as you comment!


That's it for this week's Tuesday Talks! You can catch up on previous Tuesday Talks here.

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to receive my latest posts!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,