TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: Rainy day reads

Top 5 Wednesday is set up by the lovely Lainey at GingerReadsLainey if you want to pop over and have a look at her channel. Let's have a look at the topic for today! Whoopsee, there's only 3...







Rainy Day Reads


5) Tell Us Something True - Dara Reinhardt
I would describe this as a contemporary light hearted read about teenage relationships and complicated circumstances. It isn't released until June but I would recommend looking out for it! Rain outside, heartbroken teenager, they kinda go right?

4) Birdy - Jess Vallance
I loved this read and it's nice and short but intense. Like seriously, I've never read something so effing creepy before. I think Jess Vallance may have been on medication whilst writing this...in a good way! Intense book for intense weather!

3) The ACB with Honora Lee - Kate De Goldi
This is just generally a cute, short read so it's one to fit in on a rainy day stuck inside. I think it's beautiful and rather innocent because it's written in a young girls point of view.

4) Juvie - Steve Watkins
I chose this book for a rainy day read because normally I'm stuck inside on dreadfully rainy days and I imagine that's a bit like juvie. Being locked in when really you wanna be out! For those of you who may not be convicts like me, juvie is juvenile prison or young offenders in the UK.

P.S. Please don't think I'm a convict...It was one time!

5) Everything, Everything - Nicola Yoon
I picked this book for pure irony. The main character is allergic to everything and therefore never goes outside. It sounds pretty boring if you put it that way but honestly it is not, I loved it (ahem* 5 stars) and highly recommend it!

WOO! That was this week's Top 5 Wednesday, stay tuned for next week's!

Labels: , , , , , , ,