TUESDAYS TALKS: Favourite books/series of 2015

Today i'm bringing you a...



This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each Tuesday about a book-related topic.

And this week's topic is:

Favourite books or series' of 2015

Oooo, this is such a good topic for the beginning of 2016! I have so many 5 star rated books from 2015 that it was hard to narrow it down. I managed to narrow it down to 7 books, with a variety of genres and totally different reasons for loving them!

Back in February I read a true classic. This book probably isn't classed as a classic but totally should be, drum roll please...



Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

Honestly, WHAT A BOOK! It honestly opens your eyes and really makes you think and then that ending is just like oh my god...my mind is blown!

It's one to make you cry and the dual perspective is a brilliant aspect of this book.





My next absolute fave came in March with this bad boy...

Say Her Name by James Dawson

OH MY EFFING GOD! Like seriously, this is some scary shizz. I couldn't sleep and considered not entering a bathroom ever again.

I don't like ANYTHING scary and yet I loved this book so give it a go even if you think it isn't for you.




In April I had the pleasure of reviewing this AMAZING book.



Lies Like Love by Louisa Reid

This read is freaking amazing. It's thrilling, creepy, sad, scary, heart-breaking, surprising, creepy, skin-crawling, did I mention creepy?!

This has to be without a doubt my favourite review book that I've been sent EVER. The ending is like insanely good and it just makes you want to hold on to the book and never let go because of its GENIUS.



May brought an ember...



An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

This book was hyped like crazy and I'm not surprised because it is an amazing start to a series! There was a major crisis over it in the beginning because it was pinned as a standalone and I shit you not, it CANNOT be a standalone. So Sabaa had to make it into a trilogy/series (I'm not sure which one) and I could kiss her for it!

I am peeing myself with excitement for book 2 this year!



A whole 5 months later in November, I finally got to read my baby.

Winter by Marissa Meyer

I highly anticipated this read so when it came out I pounced on it. I am a true Lunar Chronicles addict and this masterpiece, which is also a mammoth read I might add, is a fantastic ending to a complex series.

FYI, my favourite is still Cinder...by far. No arguments.




And FINALLY, December brought me two short but brilliant books...

Birdy by Jess Vallance

Now I'd heard of this book prior to acquiring it and I follow Jess Vallance on Twitter so I vaguely knew of her and her success with this book. Hype sometimes scares me into thinking I'm gonna hate the book but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It wasn't what I thought it would be but in a good way. The ending of this book is the best bit and it's a short read which makes it even more devourable. I still can't get over the last page of this book...




Black Cairn Point by Claire McFall

This book is another shocker. It is absolutely shit scary and makes you want to run and hide. At one point I was reading between my fingers because I was that scared! Do not read it before bed, I REPEAT, DO NOT READ BEFORE BED. It will have you up all night thinking about it and THE ENDING!


Well you'll just have to read it and see...




BOOM! I have mastered the art of gifs!



Well, I thoroughly enjoyed writing this Tuesday Talks and look forward to many more this year. Stay tuned and subscribe to my posts with the bar at the top right of this page!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,