TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: Disappointing Eye Candy

Top 5 Wednesday is set up by the lovely Lainey at GingerReadsLainey if you want to pop over and have a look at her channel. Let's have a look at the topic for today!







Disappointing Eye Candy






5) As White As Snow - Salla Simukka
         

I was really excited to read this book because I found the first in the series really enjoyable and exciting. Not only that but this cover is really beautiful, matches the others in the series and has a classic colour scheme that catches your eye.

It was highly awkward when this book was just a 2 moo rating...



4) Go Set A Watchman - Harper Lee


I was sooooo disappointed with this read because it's a sexy hardback and the sequel of the century. But it's shit. I am so sorry to say it but it really isn't worth any hype at all. I found that there wasn't a point to the book, only to give a nod to the characters and check in. What a beautiful cover too...it's a shame!




3) Fire Colour One - Jenny Valentine


Okay so this book was good but for arty people. I didn't enjoy the fact that there was constant art references that I didn't understand. I found the characters hard to connect with too! Look at that striking cover too, all the colours and it looks really exciting but I just found it boring unfortunately!




2) Circus of the Unseen - Joanne Owen

This cover looks so scary and creepy, along with really interesting. I'll give this book the benefit of the doubt and say yeah it was a good book, but just good. The story wasn't good enough to have such a beautiful cover, which sounds harsh but that's my opinion. With a little more planning and time, this book could have really been great to go with the amazing cover.
 

1) Fallen - Lauren Kate

If you've been following my blog or YouTube channel for a while then you know that I didn't get on well with it. I picked Fallen up because of the cover, it was a cover buy basically because it looked like my type of book. I was so annoyed at how cheesy it was, including instalove even though her love interest, Daniel, acts like an arse towards her. I was disappointed because the storyline had potential but was ruined by instalove, a poor love triangle and a stupid main character. I can't help but compare it to Twilight, and look at the BEAUTIFUL cover! It looks so interesting!!!



Stay tuned for next week's Top 5 Wednesday. You can get every new post via email in the top right hand corner of my home page!

Thanks to you all for supporting me on my blog, Twitter, YouTube and everywhere else. I appreciate every one of you for just looking at my blog!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,