So today i'm bringing you a...
This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each Tuesday about a book-related topic.
And this week's topic is:
What is your opinion of ghost writers?
I am rather particular with ghost writers but I can see both the pros and cons of their role. Overall, I am at war with myself over this because the pros can be cons too.
Here are my pros and cons...
On the plus side:
- You get a fresh perspective on old characters
- There's a totally new writing style
- There's a new direction for a series
However on the downside:
- It feels like sacrilege.
- Characters may be changed for the worse
- It may not feel the same as the rest of the books
- The series may take a bad direction for plotline
Can someone let me know if I should bother reading the ghost writer books for The Vampire Diaries series please?!
That's it for this week's Tuesday Talks!
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to receive my latest posts!
Labels: Authors, Blogging, Blogmas, Bookworms Buddy, ghost writers, L J. Smith, Reading, The Vampire Diaries, TT, Tuesday Talks, TVD, Writing