TUESDAY TALKS: How much backstory do you prefer?

So today i'm bringing you a...


This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each Tuesday about a book-related topic.

And this week's topic is:

How much backstory do you prefer?

I'm a sucker for back story on characters. I want to know the ins and outs of everything they've ever done. Sounds creepy but it makes it interesting and makes you invest in the character more.

I think it definitely depends more on which character and how likeable they are. For example, Katniss I want to know everything about like seriously it's a bad obsession! I'm the same with Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles but a character like Luce from the Fallen series I wouldn't want to hear anymore about. There is plenty of backstory about Luce in that series and I didn't find her a likeable character unfortunately!

Also, Bella from Twilight I really wouldn't care about, so in my eyes it's personal preference. The more you like a character, the more you want to know about them. Also, the more complex the story, the more you want and the more backstory can be created!

That's it for this week's Tuesday Talks!

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to receive my latest posts!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,