TUESDAY TALKS: What are your thoughts on the Synopsis of books?

So today i'm bringing you a...



This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each Tuesday about a book-related topic.

And this week's topic is:


What are your thoughts on the synopsis of books?

The synopsis of a book is EVERYTHING. Like seriously, if the synopsis is poop then I ain't gonna bother with the book. Before I buy a book in a shop, I always Goodreads it first to read a quick synopsis and a few star ratings. If the synopsis doesn't grab me then that's it, I will put the book down and step away.

This is the same for if the synopsis is general, for example:
(Insert girl's name) was all alone, until she met (insert boy's name). Mysterious, handsome and flirty, will (insert boy's name) and (insert girl's name) work out? Or will life get in the way?
This is such a generic synopsis that you read all of the time. Like it makes me wonder if author's read other books synopsis' and copy and paste with different character's names...

Anyway, in my opinion they need to be attention-seeking, original and make you want the book NOW! 

That's it for this week's Tuesday Talks!

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to receive my latest posts!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,