TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: Top Authors You Discovered This Year

Top 5 Wednesday is set up by the lovely Lainey at GingerReadsLainey if you want to pop over and have a look at her channel. Let's have a look at the topic for today!







Top authors you discovered this year




5) Garth Nix
I didn't 'discover' Garth Nix this year because I had heard of him but I'd never read anything by him. I basically discovered how good his writing is and how addictive his books are. The book I read this year was Clariel, a prequel to the Abhorsen series, which of course I had to go out and buy after reading Clariel's greatness.

4) Sabaa Tahir
As for Sabaa Tahir, the author of An Ember in the Ashes, this was her debut book and what a cracker it is! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cannot wait for the sequel.

3) Malorie Blackman
Again, Malorie is another author I didn't necessarily 'discover' this year, I just kind of began to appreciate with reading Noughts and Crosses in February and then buying the rest of the series because her writing is not only addictive but also intense.

2) Patrick Ness
I picked up a Patrick Ness book for the first time this year, in the form of his newest release, The Rest of Us Just Live Here. I really appreciated this book and understood its concept of satire.

1) Louisa Reid
I discovered Louisa Reid as I participated in a blog tour to promote her book Lies Like Love, Which for your information you MUST read. She is a gem and I cannot wait to see what else she releases. Definitely one to look out for in the future.

WOO! That was this week's Top 5 Wednesday, stay tuned for next week's!
What authors did you discover this year?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,