TUESDAY TALKS: Do you request ARCS? Why?

So today i'm bringing you a...


This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each tuesday about a book-related topic.

And this week's topic is:

Do you request ARCs and Why?

If you do not know what an ARC copy is, it stands for 'Advanced Reader Copy'. They are sometimes called a proof copy and are given to reviewers before the release date of the book. This basically gives the book more hype and allows publishers and authors to hone their audience.

I often request ARCs on a website called NetGalley which allows me to connect with authors and other book lovers. I request them so that I can bring people who watch my YouTube channel and read my blog, up and coming books! I love having the thrill of reading a book before it actually comes out!

This is also why I love receiving ARCs from Hot Key Books because I can show all of you them and tell you about them and what I thought. The great thing about Hot Key Books is that they publish some hidden gems and the majority of the time they end up being amazing!

Overall, I love receiving ARCs due to the amazing books and connecting with other book lovers such as yourselves!

That's it for this week's Tuesday Talks, but tune in next week for another topic discussion.

Let me know what you think about ARC's and if you want information on how to receive them, just drop me a comment below and i'll be happy to help!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,