TUESDAY TALKS: Who do you root for the most, the underdog or the hero?

So today i'm bringing you a...



This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each tuesday about a book-related topic.

And this week's topic is:


Who do you root for the most, the underdog or the hero?

I am your stereotypical reader. I root for the hero...most of the time. I find that the lines of good and bad blur in some books, for example The Vampire Diaries. Stefan is the hero (good) and Damon is the underdog (evil), but as the series goes on, they seem to not necessarily switch roles, but show traits from both sides of the line. In this case, I root for Damon. Mainly because he isn't self-righteous and faces up to the fact he's a vampire, rather than hiding from it.

It mainly depends on the character themselves. If the hero is an arrogant, shallow person then of course I wouldn't root for them. If the underdog is weak, depressing and feeling sorry for theirself constantly, then it's a no no.

Basically, there's a lot more than just the line of hero and underdog that effects my view.

Let me know how you feel about this subject and i'll see you for next week's Tuesday Talks! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,