Bout of Books 13.0!

VLOG!


DAY SEVEN

HEY! There are no challenges today, just read, read, read. So i'm hoping to finish Where She Went and start my 3rd read of the readathon, YAY!
I haven't been linking up my progress unfortunately because i'm just too lazy, but at least everyone reading this knows how i'm doing!

I finished Where She Went and wasn't amazingly impressed, I was pushing myself through the book and forcing myself to carry on! I would have liked If I Stay to be a stand alone really but I suppose it's nice to have a theory about what actually happened afterwards.
How did everyone else do? Let me know how you did, if you enjoyed it, will you participate again and all that good stuff!

DAY SIX


3:00PM - I started Where She Went by Gayle Forman today and i'm taken back by the time skip! Maybe I was delusional that it was 'Happily Ever After' at the end of If I Stay...
I'm just 26 pages in as of yet so i'm hoping it picks up soon. If not, i'll move onto a different book in my TBR.
The challenge today is to post a picture of your favourite book read in bout of books so far and i'm definitely favouring An Ember in the Ashes so here it is, isn't it just beautiful!



01:00AM - Here I am again, at this time in the morning! I am a real night owl...HOO! Anyway, i've read 112 pages so far of Where She Went and the story is picking up but i'm still not blown away. Hopefully, tomorrow i'll finish it and start a new one since Sunday is my lazy-sit-around-and-read day!

DAY FIVE

9:00PM - The weekend is here and so is my reading time! Tonight I'm hoping to finish An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir...which I know I said on Day Three but c'mon the weekend has officially begun! I read a hell of a lot more on the weekend because I have loads of free time. Free time = Reading time.


Today's challenge was the Cover Colour Challenge, where you had to assemble books of the same colour or matching colours: i.e. black and purple.

So here is my concoction:


01:00AM - I know this is technically day six but it's not because I said so kkz! I finished An Ember in the Ashes and seriously it is a MUST-READ! There better had be a sequel or I will have a serious fit. It is brilliantly crafted and wow wow wow wow wow. I can't even describe what's amazing because the whole thing is!!! I did a buddy read of it with Jessica at The Words I Read and it made the experience 10 x better so thank you very much Jess!


DAY FOUR


Okay, so I read nothing. Literally, at all. Wahhhh! Today's challenge is to choose a book you think will be a classic in 100 years time but...it must be published after 2005, which was the hard part!

I chose: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Simply because it is a cry-fest, which most classics are and reason number two, it's a beautiful story that is relatable. The main characters do not show signs of insta-love, just attraction and empathy. Wow, a must-read!


DAY THREE


9:20PM - I've been slacking off today unfortunately and have read nothing so far! I'm hoping to finish the rest of An Ember in the Ashes tonight before I go to sleep but I'll keep you all updated. I'm loving the story so far, I just haven't had time to read!

DAY TWO


This challenge is so tricky, it's unbelievable! You have to pick two of your favourite characters and then face them off against one another. Like seriously how do I even pick two favourite characters in the first place?! This challenge tore me apart!

Opponent #1: Linh Cinder

Who: Mechanic living in New Beijing until she becomes a wanted fugitive and has a secret identity.

PROS: Strong, CYBORG, Clever, Leader.

CONS: Stubborn, Fugitive, Universe is looking for her...

Opponent #2: Daenerys Targaryen

Who: Otherwise known as Daenerys Stormborn, Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains, currently fighting for the Iron Throne against multiple Kings.

PROS: Fiesty pets, Heir to the Iron Throne, majorly cool hair, an ever-growing army.

CONS: Said fiesty pets, Stubborn, Majority of Westeros want her dead...

WINNER:

DAENERYS TARGARYEN!
Because she is Mother of F*@KING DRAGONS!

DAY ONE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

How do you organise your shelf?
I have a 2014 read shelf, 2015 read so far/upcoming TBR shelf, read books shelf and a series TBR shelf. I find it easier to organise this way because my 2014/2015 read books are the ones featured in my videos most often. Therefore they're at hand and ready when needed if I manage to keep them organised (WHOOPS!

What is one of your favourite books that's not in one of your favourite genre?
Definitely has to be 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak. Historical Fiction isn't my favourite but this book just really struck me and will remain a favourite of mine forever!

What is the last 5 star book you read?

Lies Like Love by Louisa Reid, which interestingly I reviewed for a blog tour set up by Faye Rogers! Here was my post because seriously, YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK.

What book are you most excited to read during the readathon?
Under My Skin by James Dawson, I have been meaning to read this book for months since it came out and still haven't! It has been on so many of my readathon TBR's and I just haven't gotten round to it. NOW IS THE TIME!

What book do you recommend the most?
There are quite a few:

The Color Purple - Alice Walker

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

The Lunar Chronicles - Marissa Meyer
                           


Bout of Books
WOO! It's here again, bout of books 13.0 is underway! I'm a little late to the party signing up today on the last chance!
(QUICKLY: RIGHT HERE)

So now begins the week of full on reading and challenges, woop woop! I'm going to be blogging in the same format as I did for Dewey's 24 hour readathon, by just updating this post each day. Stay tuned for that people and SIGN YO' ASS UP QUICKLY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,