TUESDAY TALKS: Double Whammy!

So today i'm bringing you a...



This is set up by the wonderful Janie over at Bookworms Buddy, and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads. This really fun-to-do segment is basically, as the name implies, a talk each tuesday about a book-related topic. Now, I normally do this segment over on my booktube channel, but I found filming and editing quite hard to do in time for every Tuesday so i'm jumping ship. Hello Bloggers, say hello to Tuesday Talks!

So I missed last Tuesday's topic, so i'll discuss that baby right here:

What is the most difficult, yet rewarding book you have read?

There are quite a few books that answer this question for me, one of which is The Color Purple by Alice Walker. I had to read this novel for my A-level English course in college and of course, we all hate required reading! At the time, I really didn't like the story because of how distressing the content is, but when I think back to the book itself, I just think WOW. Obviously, when you're analysing the ins and outs of a book, day in, day out, talking about themes and genre links, it can get pretty tedious. BUT BUT BUT, I feel like I was blindsided by the fact I was studying the novel because it is seriously an amazing book that takes you on a personal and rewarding journey.
The second book that I wanted to mention here is, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I am just in love with this book, which kinda makes me a depressing person I guess. It is so difficult to read it's unbelievable, I can't imagine how hard it would be to live during the wartime era. So many casualties, loved ones, soldiers, innocent people all in the line of fire. I was an uncontrollable sobbing mess after finishing this book, especially at THAT moment, yep you know which one I mean people. Although I couldn't quite keep myself together during this read, it was unbelievably rewarding to finish and look back on it as a fantastic must read. GO READ IT RIGHT NOW!

And this week's topic is:


What is your favourite Genre and why?

My favourite genre, hmmm... For this question, my automatic reaction would be to say YA (young adult) as it is the majority of what I read. However, recently I have become a turncloak and dived straight into the Fantasy/Sci-Fi pool with a margarita in hand and sunglasses in the other. I have fallen in love with Fantasy after reading (yep, you guessed it) A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. Of course, the TV show's 5th season has recently been released too so I guess that kinda helped my obsession develop. Other books that contributed to my new found love are: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (series Sci-fi coolness) and The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer (eeeek! Winter is released in November!)

Overall, i'm moving away from YA but it still has a place in my heart next to Fantasy and Sci-Fi. I recently bought the Percy Jackson series so I can't wait to dive into that mythical fantasy, and continue with the A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones).

So that was this week's and last week's Tuesday Talks! If you liked this post then feel free to share it on social media such as Twitter.
P.S. My twitter account is here if you'd like to follow me. Much love, Mel @ The Book Moo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,